Re: [Evolution] Feature Requests

On 08 Dec 2000 01:47:19 +0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Currently (0.6), when I move from message to message in an imap folder,
evolution immediately tries to fetch the message.  If I'm navigating by
keyboard and trying to get say, 10 messages down -- this is sorta painful.
Would it be possible to add a thresh-hold so that the focus needs to be
on a message for a few ms before evolution tries to fetch the message from
the server.

This has been discussed but I dunno what we plan to do about it. Dan?

  This is not just a problem with IMAP.  The same problem exists with
local folders.  If the messages are big and/or complex, GtkHTML takes a
little while to render them...  Even if this is not a long time usually,
it is still enough to make your cursor lag behind badly if you move
around fast.

  So, we need a timeout for displaying the message in the preview pane.
It should not start displaying the message until the timeout is expired.
Actually, maybe we could unify the mark-as-read timeout and the
display-the-message timeout.

--
Ettore