[Evolution] Something horribly wrong with evolution and 2.4 kernel.

Here are some results of starting Evolution under both 2.2 and 2.4
kernels.  There is a major problem with 2.4 kernels and Evolution.

I have the following hardware and software.

Athalon 900MHz
128 Megs of ram
Ultrawide SCSI, 7200rpm drives.
Xfree86-3.3.6
Redhat-6.2

This is what I experience with both the latest cvs of evolution and the
.6 release.

Start time from icon click under 2.4 - 30 to 35 seconds
Start time from icon click under 2.2 - 5 to 9 seconds
Hitting reply button under 2.4 - 11 seconds for window to open
Hitting reply button under 2.2 - 2 seconds for window to open

Anyone have any ideas why this might happen under 2.4?  Is anyone else
seeing this?

Also both the latest cvs and of course .6 crash regularly when
expunging.

The expunge bug is a bad one.  It's been around for a long time and I'd
like to help fix it.  I think the evolution source is just a bit to big
for me at the moment, so if there is anything else I can do please let
me know.

And last but not least, congratulations on a great piece of software.

George Farris - VE7FRG           E-Mail : george gmsys com
G.M. Systems,                  Web page : http://www.gmsys.com
2570 Seaview Road,            Phone/Fax : (250)743-1500
Mill Bay, B.C., Canada
V0R 2P0                       Linux systems, support and services.