[Evolution] Re: Samba TNG and RPC stuff

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 07:55:18AM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
[message cross-posted to evolution, evolution-hackers and samba-technical]

[ the current structure of the production-release samba code is based on
3-year-old code from pre-alpha experimental developent, and is not
suitable for use in production environments not is it suitable for general
usage other than to provide skeleton services for samba to look like an nt
workstation.]

Whilst that is true of the 2.0.x release code, the 2.2.x
DCE/RPC code structure is definately suitable for production
environments. The remaining work to be done is to move the
each specific DCE/RPC call implementation  back from TNG to
HEAD and then ship it. The underlying DCE/RPC implementation
in HEAD is extremely robust.

I'm just clarifying the split between underlying DCE/RPC
transport and PDU code and the specific calls on top here
as I didn't want people to think we'd not fixed the known
issues with the 2.0.x code in this area.

Cheers,

        Jeremy Allison,
        Samba Team.