Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] Evolution Kolab plugin fails

Hi,

Am Montag 18 Juni 2012, um 15:55:03 schrieb fastumzug fastmail fm:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my system to Ubuntu 12.10,

That's adventurous... :-)

> removed the other PPA, purged and
> reinstalled Evolution, downloaded the Evolution GIT source again. Now
> I'm in the Evolution 3.4.2 branch and successfully 'autogen' the source.
> When I want to 'make' the source I get the following error:
>
> make[6]: Entering directory
> `/home/tom/Downloads/GIT/evolution-kolab/src/libekolabconv/main/src/evolution'
>   CC     contact-e-to-i.lo
> In file included from priv-evolution.h:33:0,
>                  from contact-e-to-i.c:33:
> ../kolab-conv.h:33:32: fatal error: libebook/e-contact.h: No such file
> or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make[6]: *** [contact-e-to-i.lo] Error 1
>
> Any ideas? Maybe a lib-dev is missing?!

Yes, that will be an issue with a development package missing. Sadly,
the (devel) package check we have via autogen is not yet exhaustive.
I'm attaching a list of devel packages which got pulled onto my
Ubuntu 12.10 test/build installation. Once these and their dependants
are installed, you should be able to successfully build evolution-kolab
(I was, at least ;-).

Note that Ubuntu 12.10 ships Evo/E-D-S 3.4.2, so you will either need
to point your Git to the EVOLUTION_KOLAB_3_4_2 tag, or just checkout
the newly created gnome-3-4-2 branch. The latter contains a fix for
the GMime 2.4 vs. 2.6 check, both should work now (the 3.4.2 release
tag does not yet contain this). Whenever Ubuntu decides to update
their Evo/E-D-S packages for 12.10, you'll need to check for a matching
version of evolution-kolab.

I'm yet to update docs/manuals/INSTALL-notes in the evolution-kolab
source tree, which describes the manual (non-packaged) installation
procedure for evolution-kolab. Currently, the document is for the
2.30 line of evolution-kolab. Some paths have changed since then.
I'll update and let you know. I consider it best to leave the
installation path PREFIX set to /usr/local (default) when doing the
autogen/configure step, so you won't mess up your installed system.
Some symlinks need to be placed when doing so, for which I'll update
docs/manuals/INSTALL-notes. Please refer to this document for
further information once I've pushed the update.

Meanwhile, you can try the following incantation for autogen:

</full/path/to>/evolution-kolab/autogen.sh --enable-gtk-doc --enable-largefile=no 'CFLAGS=-g -O0 -fPIC' && echo "*** OK ***"

Try '--disable-gtk-doc' instead of '--enable-gtk-doc' if you do not
want to build the evolution-kolab API documentation.

Kind regards,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/
autotools-dev