Re: [evolution-kolab-devel] bug report: evolution-kolab doesnotrecognize imap folders

Hello Christian,

> Le mercredi 17 août 2011 à 10:55 +0200, Christian Hilberg a écrit :
> Hi jens,
>
> Am Mittwoch 17 August 2011, um 08:42:36 schrieb jens:
> > Your evolution-kolab plugin version 0.2.1 compiled without problem on my
> > debian 6 squeeze.
>
> Nice to know. :)

For further tests I compiled a debian squeeze package.
I had to adjust 4 file from the dedian (ubuntu) packaging descriptions
files. You will find them attached to this. It is not properly done
though, because I manually changed configure.am file which should be
done by patch in the debian directory. If anyone is experienced in
packaging, please tell me how to do it.

> > Unfortunately it does not connect properly to my citadel-server, because
> > it can probably not identify
> > the right folders (see attached screen-shot and debug log).
>
> There might be several things involved here. First, the log shows lines like
>
> CRITICAL **: categories_icon_theme_hack: assertion `filename != NULL &&
> *filename != '\0'' failed
>
> and subsequent GTK assertion failures. This has nothing to do with the
> evolution-kolab plugin really, but GUI assertion failures mean that the whole
> application is not guaranteed to be in any consistent state any longer. This
> may cause any kind of errors which are hard to isolate then.

I have no idea where these errors come from. Maybe my ~/.evolution
directory is too old and contains data from previous evolution versions.

> Secondly, please make sure to quit Evolution and start it again after setting
> up the Kolab account once.

I tried but it did not help (see screen-shots and log file).

> Third, we have never tested evolution-kolab against the Citadel
> implementation. Everything is quite fresh still, and we have a number of
> issues open with evolution-kolab running with Kolab 2.2.4 , which is the
> platform we've developed against. Your guess regarding the Folder types might
> be right. Kolab 2.2.4 implements draft-05 of the ANNOTATEMORE IMAP extension,
> which is used by evolution-kolab (and other Kolab clients) to tell the folder
> types apart.
>
> > The calendar code seems to work: I am able to create and to view events.
>
> Nice!

I can not tell if citadel implements raft-05 of the ANNOTATEMORE IMAP
extension, but I remember that I had to choose "imap+" during my mail
accout setup.

Unfortunately I do not have access to any native kolab server to do any
further tests. I tried to setup one on debian 6 server once, but even
after 1 day I did not manage to access the imapd and finally gave up.

Citadel you just install and it runs without any configuration.

> Maybe first try to get rid of these GTK assertion failures (seems like there
> is an issue with the windowmanager theme you're using). Next, configure
> everything for evolution-kolab according to the manual, run Evolution, wait,
> then quit Evolution and start it again.
>
> evolution-kolab is currently not showing good performance, it is rather slow.
> We're working on that. It might be wise not to test evolution-kolab against an
> account which has many entries yet. Also, please note that it is not yet
> advisable to use evolution-kolab in critical environments.

I have to suspend my activity on this now, but I am still interested in
your project. Debian squeeze binaries/repository would be nice!

I wish you a good continuation of this promising project!

Best regards

Jens

** Message: ATK_ROLE_TOOLTIP object found, but doesn't look like a tooltip.
[...]

** (evolution:29227): CRITICAL **: atk_object_get_name: assertion `ATK_IS_OBJECT (accessible)' failed
getreu@leon3:/usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2$ ps aux |grep evolution
getreu    8279  0.1  5.6 636040 57704 ?        Sl   10:23   0:10 /usr/bin/gnome-www-browser http://evolution-kolab.sourceforge.net/ubuntu/dists/lucid/main/
getreu   29418  0.0  0.0  12200   868 pts/1    S+   13:21   0:00 grep evolution
getreu@leon3:/usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2$ evolution

** (evolution:29419): CRITICAL **: categories_icon_theme_hack: assertion `filename != NULL && *filename != '\0'' failed
(evolution:29419): camel-kolab-DEBUG: camel_kolab_imapx_provider_module_init: done
(evolution:29419): camel-kolab-DEBUG: camel_provider_module_init: kolab2 provider registered
(evolution:29419): camel-kolab-DEBUG: camel_kolab_imapx_store_init: done
(evolution:29419): camel-kolab-DEBUG: kolab_imapx_construct: metadata db initialized
** (evolution:29419): DEBUG: e_plugin_lib_enable(): Kolab plugin enabled

(evolution:29419): e-image-chooser.c-CRITICAL **: image_chooser_set_icon_name: assertion `icon_info != NULL' failed

(evolution:29419): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strchug: assertion `string != NULL' failed

(evolution:29419): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_strchomp: assertion `string != NULL' failed

(evolution:29419): e-image-chooser.c-CRITICAL **: e_image_chooser_set_from_file: assertion `filename != NULL' failed

(evolution:29419): calendar-gui-WARNING **: comp-util.c:244: Impossible de récupérer le chemin de l'objet calendrier

(evolution:29419): calendar-gui-WARNING **: comp-util.c:244: Impossible de récupérer le chemin de l'objet calendrier