Re: [Evolution-hackers] Checking installation of header files for data service components

Evolution depends on the evolution-data-server, not only as a usual
library dependency, but also because things are just split into the two
projects and to fix a problem in Evolution can mean to touch the
evolution-data-server code, sometimes only there, sometimes on both places.

Thanks for such background information.

Thus when you develop for Evolution, you should build it into
the same CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX as you built the evolution-data-server with.

Such a software build configuration can make the dependency resolution
a bit easier.
But I am trying to achieve that the service and client implementation
can be built separately.
There can be also several installation locations be considered for
required libraries on demand.

It seems it's not understandable from the copy&paste-based tutorial of
"how to build from sources" for you for some reason, from a link I gave
you I guess like tenth times:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building
Read it carefully. Follow it closely. Things will work.

This version of the installation instructions work only together with
some constraints.

I said it to you elsewhere already: if you do nasty things (using the
DESTDIR and expect that you can build against such "copied"
(they are not *installed*,

The software components get installed into an alternative location.

because DESTDIR != CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX) sources,

The software installation gets redirected to an other destination
(if such an environment variable is supported on a system).

then you are in it on your own.

I hope that the software development attention and interests can grow
for this purpose.

                           It doesn't mean the code base doesn't
support other environments, it only means that there is no intention to
make the Building page too complicated, to rise the barrier to the
newcomers, from my point of view unnecessary.

I suggest to reconsider corresponding concerns.

You do not seem to be a newbie,

That is right. - This can be easily determined from published development activities.

you seem to be able to make things work on your own,

I am trying also to reduce limitations occasionally.

with your nasty workarounds.

I am curious under which circumstances proper solutions will be applied.

Which is good. For you.

I imagine that more people can benefit from the presentation of
an evolving build script adjustment.
Further implementation details can be improved accordingly, can't they?

Regards,
Markus