Re: [Evolution-hackers] Checking installation of header files for data service components

https://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/DESTDIR.html

I have read the document section “7.2.4 DESTDIR: Support for Staged Installs”
once more.

Hint: You misuse the DESTDIR variable.

I got obviously an other impression.

Hence, there's nothing to be changed in the build process.

I am still trying to propose extensions for the affected build scripts.

I mean, on the project side. It works perfectly fine and as expected

I noticed specific limitations.
I would like to reuse software components directly from a “staged”
(test) installation.

by the rest of the world.

I am curious if the corresponding expectations will evolve further.

Regards,
Markus