Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution failing on TLSv1.3 after gnutls upgrade

On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 11:03 -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
I can certainly test things out.

        Hi,
that's great, thanks.

To be honest, I've had problems with TLSv1.3 every time it's been
negotiated, so disabling it is a reasonable thing to do.

I see. If you are still willing to help, then it'll be appreciated.

I suppose there's no gntuls-cli equivalent for glib-networking?  That
would be the best way to test it.

I agree, but I'm not aware of anything like that (which doesn't mean it
doesn't exist). I made a little test program as promised, see the
attachment. The first line contains a comment with a command to compile
and run it (against Google's IMAP server). It's only a test program,
mimic-ing what Evolution (or better Camel library from evolution-data-
server) does. You may have installed development packages for glib and,
if split, also for glib's gio, to be able to compile it.

        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: The result of the run as is in the file itself is below:

$ ./imap-conn imap.googlemail.com 993

Connected to imap.googlemail.com:993
Response: * OK Gimap ready for requests from {IPADDRESS} {SOMETOKEN}

Request:  A01 CAPABILITY
Response: * CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 XYZZY SASL-IR
AUTH=XOAUTH2 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN AUTH=OAUTHBEARER AUTH=XOAUTH
A01 OK Thats all she wrote! {SOMETOKEN}

Request:  A02 LOGOUT
Response: * BYE Logout Requested {SOMETOKEN}
A02 OK Quoth the raven, nevermore... {SOMETOKEN}