Re: [Evolution-hackers] Loading of PKCS#11 module

On Tue, 2014-08-12 at 08:57 -0300, Watson Sato wrote:
So, I think I'll stick with SECMOD_LoadUserModule() for now, is that
ok?
Also, there is a segfault when unloading the module, high chances of

being related to glib not being unloadable [0] (still need further

investigation). So there is a chance the module will be loaded all

the time while Evolution is running.

        Hi,
sure, it sounds reasonable to have the module loaded all the time.

Maybe the place for the module to be loaded is in shell/main.c?
Or in camel/camel-smime-context.c when actually needed to fetch a
certificate.

I would do changes only in evolution-data-server. Either load the
module on demand (which sounds like a good plan), or load it during
the camel_init() call (eds/camel/camel.c). There is a camel_shutdown()
counterpart too, but if you cannot figure out why the segfault happens
then do not unload it (maybe the NSS_Shutdown() unloads it for you).

By the way, is the code publicly available anywhere, thus others can
look in it?
        Bye,
        Milan