Re: [Evolution-hackers] Update on the composer port

On Sun, 2012-09-02 at 00:16 +0200, Dan Vratil wrote:
> Behavior of the editor is almost identical to GtkhtmlEditor, except for HTML
> mode -> Plain text switching. GtkhtmlEditor is simply switching renderers on
> top of a single DOM document, but we can't do this with WebKit. I looked how
> others do it and ended up with a "Switching to plain text will lose all
> formatting, OK?" dialog.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how will plain text mode work in the
future? Will it still be possible to define item lists, indent blocks,
etc.?

I edit and send only plain text emails, but I use these formatting helps
from Evolution, including saving of drafts with this markup.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.