Re: [Evolution-hackers] evo dconf and EWS questions

On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 12:39 +0000, Reid Thompson wrote:
> I install development builds in $PREFIX=/opt/evo.  Recently I had to add glib,
> etc to this location and evo stopped storing/remembering settings, so I
> added dconf to the build plan to be installed in $PREFIX also (advice
> from mailing list).  While it's better, it's still not 'right' -- some
> settings appear to be retained and some not.  Is there a invocation or
> path/environment setting that I might be missing?

	Hi,
I'm also setting:
   GSETTINGS_SCHEMA_DIR=$PREFIX/share/glib-2.0/schemas
but otherwise I'm not aware of any special change. I do not recall
seeing any issues with config values storing, though I didn't look for
any, neither compile my own glib. Thus maybe that's the main difference.
I suppose you compile your own glib, glib-networking, gvfs (, dconf) and
most likely also gtk+ with libsoup, as these are the main group of
projects which are tight closely together, at least from my point of
view.

> Within the past week or so, EWS has also begun showing only a subset of
> the folders in my exchange account.
> Would issues with dconf contribute to/cause this?

I guess not, the folder listing might not be influenced by settings, at
least not of those in DConf. Check your
   ~/.cache/evolution/mail/<ews-account-uid>/folder-tree
file, whether it contains your missing folders. You can safely remove
the file, then EWS will reload all folders. I guess you got out of sync
with sync_state key.
	Bye,
	Milan