Re: [Evolution-hackers] GOA Integration (was: New 'eclient' branch in eds)

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 21:56 +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
> I guess this involves updating the Google Contacts address book backend
> to use GOA's OAuth 1.0 magic. I've recently updated libgdata to be able
> to cope with OAuth, and I've got an (untested) patch to e-d-s to update
> it to use libgdata's shiny new authorisation API. Over the next few days
> I intend to test it properly and fix it up.
>
> I hope this fits in well with what you've been conscripted to do re.
> GOA.

Having just started on it this week, so far I'm mostly just concerned
with keeping Evolution synchronized with any Google online accounts.

But yeah, I was hoping libgdata would make things magically work for
address book authentication.  And I think I have a handle on the mail
side -- just need to extend our CamelSASL framework to handle XOAUTH
from outside of Camel.

Google Calendars have me stumped, however, since we defer to our
standard CalDAV backend which authenticates with stored passwords from
the keyring.  I'm not sure how to slip in OAuth integration for this one
special case.

I'm open to suggestions if you have any.