Re: [Evolution-hackers] CamelService changes

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 5:54 PM, Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 11:02 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
>> Mostly sounds fine to me as a  complete picture, but do remember of
>> the email-factory branch that I'm working on to run mail on EDS.
>>
>> I now expose an API (and some custom bits) over dbus that corresponds
>> to camel's session/store/folder.
>>
>> http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/tree/mail/daemon/e-mail-data-session.xml?h=email-factory
>> http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/tree/mail/daemon/e-mail-data-store.xml?h=email-factory
>> http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/tree/mail/daemon/e-mail-data-folder.xml?h=email-factory
>>
>> It'd be great if you can finalize on the API soon, which can help me
>> move things from 2.32 to master. But for now, I'm mainly on the 2.32
>> branch to get a stable state of the engine.
>
> Can you please provide some kind of summary of the design you have,
> either here on the mailing list or on a wiki page, since as far as I
> know no one else has a good idea of what you're doing or how it works.
>
> I've been trying to get everyone to do this when making large changes,
> so that no one is working away in secret and suddenly shows up with what
> they think is a finished product.

Oh sure, http://wiki.meego.com/Architecture/planning/evolution-data-server/email-design
has some high level design/architecture of the daemon. It also has
details on the way MeeGo app uses it and some task list. But The high
level design/architecture of the daemon is up there.

-Srini.