Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendar PIM objects with inlined attachments

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 15:06 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> There's no e_cal_backend_get_cache_dir() in Evo2.30 (which is the one we're
> sitting on presently). That means we cannot maintain a backend-private file
> cache with this version, since we cannot inform Evo about it ... is that
> correct?

	Hi,
basically correct, unfortunately:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/tree/calendar/libecal/e-cal.c?h=gnome-2-30#n725

Though you might be able to set full URI in the attachment object and
evo should be able to read it, but not write, probably. Maybe the UI
will create a store for you when creating a new event with attached
files. To be honest, I do not recall details, it's too long time ago
with 2.30.x for me. I would suggest you to try and see.

With respect of "fetch on demand", it'll be tricky to achieve, to make
this done right on each operation which deals with the calendar
component in a certain way (operations like copy, move, send and so on).
But there is some API function, probably meant for something like that,
already, the e_cal_backend_get_attachment_list, used by
e_cal_get_attachments_for_comp.
	Bye,
	Milan