[Evolution-hackers] IMAP vs. IMAPX in Evo 2.30--recommendations?

Hi all.  I'm wondering if anyone can provide a summary/recommendation
for IMAP vs. IMAP+ (IMAPX) in Evo 2.30 (I'm actually building the very
latest gnome-2.30 branch from git)?

I use a dovecot IMAP server which I don't think supports any of the
advanced IMAP features (?), but I see that the IMAPX implementation in
Evo is constantly being fixed/updated (by David Woodhouse lately) while
the IMAP backend seems stagnant (or stable?).

Should I switch my accounts to use IMAPX instead of IMAP?

What about (does anyone know) connecting to Exchange servers using
Exchange's IMAP?  Should I be using IMAPX there?