Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo won't display special characters

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 23:13 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> I understand that this is very likely an invalid message and that \224
> is a bogus character in an iso-8859-1 charset.

No, it's a valid character in ISO8859-1. But your message isn't being
interpreted as ISO8859-1. Its Content-Type: header just says text/html.

We seem to be ignoring the <META HTTP-EQUIV...> tag in the HTML itself,
which is trying to override the Content-Type: header and _is_ correctly
specifying the character set.

I suspect we're kind of justified in ignoring that -- this *isn't* HTTP,
and the message probably *is* technically invalid in MIME. But arguably
we could try better to interpret it.

Of course, the bug(s) you report with invalid characters should still be
fixed; it's just that you probably shouldn't be seeing them with _this_
particular test case.

FWIW, I get weird behaviour on your test case (in HEAD) even when I fix
the Content-Type: header. When I reply, signature seems to end up to the
_right_ of the quoted text, which is a little odd...
	http://david.woodhou.se/sig-on-right.png

I think it's something to do with the table not having a closing tag --
but that shouldn't screw up the _reply_. Another separate bug though, I
think.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation