Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo-Plugin Coding Style

On Thursday 01 Juli 2010 at 13:30:26 Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > style. patch.shtml talks about 8-space-tabs
> Just some nitpicking here: I hate it when people say loosely that tabs
> correspond to 8 spaces (or four, or whatever).

For good reason. :-) Just quoted
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/patch.shtml ("Coding Style"), which may
not be too accurate about this...?

> A TAB character indents
> to the next multiple of the tab width. The tab width is a certain
> number of columns. Exactly how many spaces that then corresponds to
> obviously depends on what the current column before the tab is.

Maybe the Evolution Patch Guidelines could use a little updating, if there is
enough consent about how to deal with the nitpickable parts.

Greetings,

	Christian

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/