Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking account management

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 10:14 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> I like your idea. It might work as long as the backend is running,
> otherwise it will not, unless you'll add a listener for this in factory
> and run the backend if needed.

I actually got it working last night for address books, although it
required more API breaks in libedata-book (e_book_backend_remove() no
longer takes an EDataBook or operation ID).

Same type of problem exists now -- if the backend isn't running and you
go into gconf-editor and manually delete <source> tags, the cache data
for those deleted sources will never get cleaned up.

My thought was, after this is all done and merged and working, to have
the backend processes scan their cache directories at start up and match
the directory names to registered ESources, then clean up the unmatched
"orphan" directories.  The should fix the out-of-band deletion problem.

We do the same sort of thing for old composer autosave files.