Re: [Evolution-hackers] Camel Manifesto

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 14:21 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> I agree with Michael Meeks' concerns here. I also think there are much
> more important fish to fry which are also far easier to tackle.

Sure.  I should have been clearer that this is by no means a high
priority task.  It will happen gradually, in stages, as time permits.
For now I'm blocked anyway waiting for SSL support to land in GIO.  Once
that happens, CamelStreams will be replaced by GIO streams.  Existing
providers can continue using synchronous stream operations for awhile
longer, while the parts of Evolution that are already asynchronous or
will soon be transitioning to that won't have to double-buffer streamed
data from Camel any longer.

Meanwhile, once the aftershocks from the Bonobo removal are sufficiently
squared away, I'll be turning my attention to the summary database and
other higher priority issues like you mentioned.  The GObject transition
will mainly happen in the background, during my off hours.

Matthew Barnes