Re: [Evolution-hackers] concurrent modifications of items in GUI and EDS database

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 13:05 +0530, Chenthill wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 20:20 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > I have not looked at the calendar API yet. Let me know what you think
> > about the attached patch for a new ebook API and I will continue with
> > calendar next, before implementing anything.
> Then changes made are reasonable. Nice api documentation! This can be
> done in calendar also. For calendars we use sequence numbers for items
> shared with people

I'm not sure what you mean with "items shared with people". Care to
explain?

>  and last-modified in general.

SyncEvolution is based on LAST-MODIFIED since 0.8.x, as mentioned on
this list before.

Attached is my current patch set, with one typo fix in the ebook part
and the ecal API also extended. Less functions need to be patched
because there is no async API.

> > In this current incarnation the patch tries a bit to provide simple
> > implementations of the new calls, but this isn't meant to be complete.
> Would be better to get these api's committed after the branching is done
> for 2.27.x. We will be merging the eds-addressbook dbus port this week
> (for 2.27.x) and the calendar part for evolution 3.0. Will keep you
> informed on the same.

Implementing the new API would require changing the libecal/ebook<->EDS
communication. Is that something that has to be done twice, once for the
old communication mechanism and once for D-Bus? Will there be a
configure switch to select between one or the other?

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly