Re: [Evolution-hackers] application integration standard proposal

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 22:10 +0200, Olivier Sessink wrote:
> Dear Evolution developers and community,
>
> with several people I have designed a proposal for a standard to allow
> different communication programs on Linux to integrate a little more
> (from the end user perspective).
>
> An example: "The end user is using a IM client, where the he's notified
> in the chat window that a new email arrived from the same person he's
> chatting to (even if the IM account is different from the email
> account). The user may right click this buddy in the IM client, and in
> the context menu it says you have unread mail from this person, and the
> context menu will allow you to email this user (open a compose window)"

IIRC Banter is trying to do this. Unfortunately the mails aren't
query-able unlike contacts/calendar. Without that, this isn't possible.
I promised the Banter guys that I can provide a dbus interface to query
mails, but unfortunately that has a dependency over the running presence
of instance of Evolution.

-Srini.