Re: [Evolution-hackers] Ical (WebDAV) Web-Calendar read-only!?

This was discussed recently on the channel as well,

Le vendredi 30 novembre 2007 à 11:56 +0000, Ross Burton a écrit :
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 12:49 +0100, Artur Mücke wrote:
> > > I presume its using Webdav to write to the calendar file.
> >
> > Yes, your presumption is right because it is using WebDAV but I
> thought
> > Evolution is doing the same, isnt it?
>
> No, Evolution uses plain HTTP.

> > > There are many problems with this approach including locking,
> concurrent writes,
> > > and notification of changes.  However if you are the only person
> using
> > > the remote calendar, it would work.
[snip]
> Unless there are extensions I'm not aware of, that sounds like its
> going
> to break.  If both User A and User B edit the calendar, they will race
> to write the changes.  The second person to write will replace the
> first
> person's changes.

publish_calendar is the closest thing to be compared to "on the web"
calendar write support. It uses plain gnome_vfs_write and (although I
didn't read this part yet) I suspect gnome_vfs handles most of the
tricks needed (locking, ...). If it doesn't, fixes are belong to
gnome-vfs probably.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <dartigug esiee fr>