Re: [Evolution-hackers] Introduction and Questions

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 20:22 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > Why does it need to create a CamelFolder for the destination at all,
> > assuming I keep the focus on the source folder?
>
> because you need both a source and a destination folder to move the
> message(s) to?
>
> kinda hard to move messages to a folder if you don't know which folder
> to move them to, don't you agree? :)
All you need for IMAP is the name of the target folder, not the fuller
representation that CamelFolder provides.  In particular, there's no
need to fetch the headers from the destination folder, index them, etc.

As you observe, I'm not too familiar with camel's internals: just a
quick look at the docs and a little debugging.  So I don't know if such
a minimalist approach would play very well in that framework.

Ross