Re: [Evolution-hackers] Setting default smtp server in evolution

> I have two smtp servers, and depending on where I am connected, I have
> to use one or the other.
>
> How can I set the default smtp server automatically/programatically ?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Peter

Peter, I've thought about this too (but not actually done anything about
it).

Evolution stores the account settings using gconf, so it might be
possible to use something like gconftool to do what you want. It will
probably require some gymnastics on your part though.

I wonder if a better solution is to run a smtp server on your machine
(e.g. postfix or equiv), and point evolution at that. Its probably alot
easier to re-configure a local smtp server to change its 'forwarding'
address than messing with evolution's gconf settings (not you may need
to restart the deamon to force it to re-read the setting though).

This would have the advantage of working with all mail clients, and you
could even change it whilst evolution was still running.

Karl