Re: [Evolution-hackers] compression for folders?

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 11:17 -0500, Todd T. Fries wrote:
> I am now using evolution 1.2 on OpenBSD for whatever that is worth, and
> have about 3gb of bz2 compressed files to move into evolution folders.

Isn't 1.2 a bit outdated to talk about?

> Are there any mechanisms proposed or existing to compress email folders?

Not yet, and the very common answer for similar/related questions in the
past was: "No, and it's not planned anytime soon". Transparent
compression will probably break vfolder and searching facilities causing
a lot more usability and long term maintenance problems. I doubt Gerardo
will like the idea :)

You can, for sure, search for the bug related to this and raise your
hand either by adding comments or a patch against CVS HEAD.

-HAND
--
|          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)
|          |  Software developer, IT consultant