Re: [Evolution-hackers] Is Evolution using libical for iCalendar and vCard?

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 14:03 -0500, Jeffrey Harris wrote:
> >>yes, we've got latest libical (from some months ago) integrated into
> >>evolution sources. We use it for calendar and tasks.
> >
> > We'd like to move away from it though for the reasons you list above.
>
> Have you had problems with the existing implementation?
>
> I haven't found any projects out there that look like they're trying to
> replace libical, and I haven't heard any (recent) complaints about
> libical.  It's just odd that the code's numbered 0.2.4 and it hasn't
> changed much lately.
>
> Probably if the code was labeled 1.0.1, I'd be happy.  I'm guessing that
> if Evolution is using it heavily, it's probably production quality code
> at this point.  Is that true?

Well cvs had a serious problem converting times based on zones, i went
back to the routines we wrote the prior version for that.  The memory
management in the lib is awful with a temporary ring buffer hack.  In
general it basically works though.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>