Re: [Evolution-hackers] Is Evolution using libical for iCalendar and vCard?

yes, we've got latest libical (from some months ago) integrated into
evolution sources. We use it for calendar and tasks.

We'd like to move away from it though for the reasons you list above.

Have you had problems with the existing implementation?

I haven't found any projects out there that look like they're trying to replace libical, and I haven't heard any (recent) complaints about libical. It's just odd that the code's numbered 0.2.4 and it hasn't changed much lately.

Probably if the code was labeled 1.0.1, I'd be happy. I'm guessing that if Evolution is using it heavily, it's probably production quality code at this point. Is that true?

Thanks,
Jeffrey