[Evolution-hackers] Evolution and rtl support

Hi all,

Following the advice of Christian Rose of the i18n team I am contacting
you the Evo hackers to look at this issue. So I hope this mail doesn't
generate some flames as I'll try to be as polite as possible ;)

Evolution has bad rtl support as seen in this screen:

http://www.silverpen.de/evo.png

The task/mail/contact/calendar widgets are not present and many bars are
not flipped the right way.
Under this id you can find the bug which was already reported: 56693
I've included a detailed descriptionn at the end of the page as my last
comment on the bug. And there is already a patch for flipping icons in
the right order.

I want to lobby for this bug because of the two following reasons:

More then 50 countries use rtl scripts (without counting the islamic
countries which use Arabic as a second or third language), like Arabic
hebrew persian etc... rtl using countries are making a really big part
of our world. It wouldn't be good if those ppl would have to wait longer
for such a great app till it becomes usable for them.
The second reason is that the interface looks messy which degrades the
overall desktop experience for a user when using gnome. To have a high
quality desktop I think it should be very good to have such an important
app behaving correctly under the corresponding locale.

the majority will look at Evo first place when installing gnome 2.8 so
having a decent looking app is not so wrong ;)

So I really hope this bug gets your attention. And gets resolved for
2.8!
The translation is nearly done too (80%) so I hope this gets spin.

many thanx for reading. And I hope my mail was friendly enough to not
make anyone angry ;)

yours
Arafat Medini
Arabic gnome transaltion coordinator