Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 17:08 -0700, Tristan O'Tierney wrote:
> i envision splitting it up into apps that are well
> defined
> an addressbook, mail app, and calendar app.

Well, this is kind of whats happened.  I mean the mailer, addressbook,
calendar all have their own separate code bases in the source tree but
share common things like some widgets, configuration code, etc.  In
reality I could write a trivial hack that shows only one component at a
time (just remove the component buttons and have the New button only use
the items for the current component).  Then just evolution-1.5 -c "mail"
or whatever to get the correct component.  Nothing else would have to
change afaik.

Where we go in future is another matter.  Perhaps apps without a common
"shell".  That would certainly reduce some of bonobo ui usage (no need
to merge menus any more).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>