Re: [Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

Rodney Dawes wrote:
It's not a replacement, because it's a subset. Evolution is the gnome
address book,
calendar, and mail app. There is no doubt about that really. It's
basically been that
way for a while now, and we will be in the gnome.org desktop release
soon as well. The
only reason we weren't in 2.6, was because we didn't have the time to
get 2.0 done in
that time frame, because of all the changes and the bounties. And, as I
stated above,
gaim can work with evolution-data-server if you build the plug-in and
enable it. And
we are moving in the direction of totally separate apps. We just don't
have the time
to go full-haul for 2.0, or 2.2 really.

-- dobey

Hi Rodney,

Thank you for the very informative message. It is very useful to know this type of long term strategy. And this particular case is very interesting.

Are there bugs for these types of goals? It might be helpful to have a tracker bug for this. It might help get more contributers involved.

Jon