[Evolution-hackers] PIM application suite

is there any plan to split evolution up into separate
entities that manage calendars, contacts, and email
individually?  i use a mac every day, so the
difference between the ical/mail/addressbook combo is
quite apparent when compared to do-everything mail
clients like evolution and outlook.  i think, in
striving to do everything, they do everything poorly.
making one application have too much functionality
also decreases it's usability (which thankfully gnome
cherishes unlike KDE), however in this case even KDE
got it right.  they too use separate applications.  so
i suppose i'm asking for a petition of some sort to
split the evolution application in to a suite of
well-integrated programs that work together and do
each individual task well rather than all tasks in a
cluttered interface.  because quite frankely, i never
go to my email program to add people to my address
book, nor do i go to my calendar program to check my
email.  the benefit of having an official gnome
addressbook app would be a great benefit anyways.  the
way mac os x utilizes the addressbook for aim names in
ichat is simply wonderful.  it makes managing
names-->mediums 10 times simpler.  i hope some day
gaim works with such a standarized addressbook.  i
know evolution 2.0 is supposed to make a server for
all these activities, but that isn't a replacement for
what i suggest.

your usability friend,

-Tristan