Re: [Evolution-hackers] changes to addressbook/gui/component

No, its just a local call.  The user creatable items handler is created once for each component (or view, depending on how you'e done it).  Each one does a bonobo query to find out which components are available and each one does a query to find out which items are available.

I'm talking about the e_user_creatable_items_handler_activate call, not the component activate method.  The later calls the former, eventually.

It sets up new bonobo menu's each time a view is activated, so could potentially pass extra data from the bonobo menu callback to the component.