[Evolution-hackers] Evolution Data Server and API of evolution?!

Hi people!
I have 2 questions about evolution stuff....

1. What is the project Evolution-Data-Server?! Is it something like a exchange Server but open source?! 2. Does synchronization via bluetooth with evolution works with all devices?! I have discovered that many devices synchronize their datapackages with outlook with OBEX (OpenOBEX). Is there allready a sollution?

If no, does Evolution has a API for programmers to write plugins and extra programs?! Otherwise i'll write a program!

Tamer