[evince] evince - not displaying text in pdf document

Hi,

I'm using evince 3.6.0 on a Ubuntu 12.10 system on a Dell inspiron 1545, pentium dual core CPU T4400 & the graphics reported as Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset x86/MMX/SSE2 .

I've found that some .pdf's are not fully displaying on evince. I'm a Scout leader in the UK & I created a flyer using the print centre available to leaders. The flyer consists of a background with images & then boxes containing contact details, venue's etc. The background poster is displaying, but not the boxes with the other information.

Using the same laptop I've viewed the whole .pdf flyer using ImageMagick (display), but also found that gimp (2.8) suffers from the same problem & only displays the background images.

Strangely enough the whole .pdf flyer displays well on my android phone using kindle.

The problem does not seem to be related to file size, as evince is happily displaying some files that are much larger.

I'm quite happy to send or upload one of the .pdf flyers if that would help. File size of 619.3kb

Regards

Nick