[evince] Keyboard shortcuts

I'm trying to change some of the keybindings in evince following the
instructions on this page:

  http://library.gnome.org/users/evince/stable/shortcuts.html.en

however, it doesn't seem to work using Ubuntu 11.10. It did in

I don't know if I'm being brain dead about it all, if there is a new
method (new gnome??), or what.

I thought I might be a clever fellow and edit the file
.config/evince/accels directly but that seems to be rewritten each and
every time evince is run with the default settings.

Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. I need to
change the <quit> key from ctrl-q to <q>.

Thanks.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob mellowood ca