Fwd: Problem compiling Evince 2.29.91

Hi,
I managed to compile and execute evince 2.28.2 fine and it is not so important to me to to use the latest version.
My problem was that my ubuntu 9.10 came with an older version of libevdocument then the latest evince was expecting...

I'm am trying to add some functionality to evince,
I want to add the ability to bookmark some pages on a document so the user could jump between his favorite topics very quickly...I want to add the bookmarks pages thumbnails on the sidebar and some kind of bookmark button button on the toolbar. When you add a bookmark you give it a name. All bookmarks will be stored in some file on the home partition and there would be an option to backup or import such a file.

I hope nobody is already writing such a feature and I hope that my C knowledge will be enough for this...

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 1:01 AM, Juanjo Marin <juanjomarin96 yahoo es> wrote:

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 12:52 +0200, Arkadi Viner wrote:
> Ok, now I have managed to compile and install evince using,
>  -> autoget.sh -> make -> make install
>
> My new problem is when I try to run it, it complains that:
> evince: error while loading shared libraries: libevdocument.so.2:

Arkadi,

I'm not a expert developer, but I guess you problem is because you
system is because you have two versions of the same library.

I think it is a good idea to use jhbuild [1] for compiling evince and
have development environment apart from your system.

You can get some help for this on the gnome-love IRC list

Just my 2 cents,

  -- Juanjo Marín

PS: Nice find people compiling Evince :)

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild