Re: open file in specific page number

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 10:51 -0800, dmg wrote:
> Some documents renumber pages. For example, the first pages might be
> numbered in Roman, while the latter ones in a
> Arabic  numbers.
>
> Say I want to open it exactly in page 30, then it actually opens it in
> page 41 (because the first 10 pages are in Roman numberals).
>
> Sometimes it is useful to use labels, but sometimes it is useful to
> use absolute page numbers.

The functionality implemented on Evince is the one you mention on your
message. I checked with this document

http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/0131473816/downloads/0131473816_book.pdf

$ evince -p xxvi 0131473816_book.pdf shows page xxvi, number 26 in
absolute values.

So, if you have a problem with this option, open a bug on bugzilla, to
check if there is a bug on the Evince code or if the pdf is bad formed.

Thanks for your interest on improving Evince !!!,

   -- Juanjo Marín