Button for text display

Greetings evince team,

I have a quick question. I noticed that evince can show the font-rendered text of scanned documents when text in those documents are highlighted. I find this very useful, as I often need to read scanned documents, and obviously prefer reading a font to reading grainy scanned text.

If evince already has this ability, why isn't there a button of View option for enabling it on the entire document? Why is highlighting the only way to enable this?

Thanks!