Re: How do I disable automatic reloading?

I am using Ubuntu and applied the patch to the Ubuntu sources.  The
Evince seems to work fine, but I get the following message when run
from the command line:

** (evince:6992): WARNING **: Failed to create dbus proxy for
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon: Could not get owner of name
'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon': no such name

Any ideas what's causing this? I've not found anything useful about
this error online (except to search for the presence of
org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.service in /usr/share/dbus-1/services/, which
is already there).