One window again

Because I do "evince *pdf" for tens of docs, I would need the one
window system.

How about the following:
(1) Allow multiple docs within one window. Have a list of docs somewhere.
(2) Each window may have a name (e.g., --name option).
(3) "evince --target <name> doc.pdf" sends the doc to the named window.

If the --target is missing, a new window is opened. The behavior would
be what we have now.

For example, I could do the following:
Desktop 1: "evince --name clouds" would open an empty doc.
Any desktop: "evince --target clouds *pdf" sends docs to the clouds window.

(Then I would also need "save all docs in this window to clouds/
directory".)

Juhana