making evince embeddable in other apps

Hi all,

as you may have seen, I submitted yesterday some patches for your
consideration [0]. These patches are required so that the document
viewer used in Sugar [1] can use most of evince without having to
duplicate a ton of code.

Reasons why I think this might interest you:

- easier for people to put a skin over evince's core -> more apps
using evince's code

- more people using your code as released -> more users and contributors

- and because of GNOME Mobile, where new UIs are required for new user
experiences and where having lots of #ifdef USE_HILDON is going to get
very expensive for the GNOME community.

We need to get this in so the next releases of distros like F11 and
Jaunty can carry a functional Sugar desktop, now that OLPC is letting
us on our own [2] and [3].

I know that the 2.25 API/ABI freeze already passed three days ago, but
I hope that you and the release team will agree that this addition
won't be too invasive and that it will be worth it.

Thanks,

Tomeu

[0] http://sugarlabs.org/go/Evince
[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Read