Re: connect to password server to decrypt .pdf files

В Срд, 07/01/2009 в 00:19 -0500, Justin Hale пишет:
> I have been discussing a decryption problem with a few folks lately.
> All Linux pdf viewers that I have used, Evince included, have been
> unable to decrypt my attached pdf file.  It requires a user name and
> password.  It requires a connection to a server, something like
> ebooks.careeredonlin.edu, and then I can read it for a while.  As of
> now only Windows + Adobe Reader can do this task, that I know of.  AR
> 8.x seems to work with Windows.
>
> I e-mailed the Glyph and Cog team that owns xpdf, about xpdf not being
> able to do this.  Here is our correspondence:
>
> I may have discovered a bug, that your team would like to be aware of.
>  I have attached a sample file that I have been unable to decrypt
> using xpdf on Linux.  I can decrypt this using my user name and
> password on a windows computer using Acrobat Reader and only under
> that combination.  The functionality I have been unable to realise is
> to connect with ebooks.careeredonline.edu, or something like that, and
> then decrypt like AR does on windows.  A similar bug has been found
> recently with the windows version of AR while running on winehq.
>
> Thank you for your wonderful product,
> Justin Hale
>
> justin methuselah:~$ uname -a
> Linux methuselah 2.6.27-9-generic #1 SMP Thu Nov 20 21:57:00 UTC 2008
> i686 GNU/Linux
>
> justin methuselah:~$ xpdf
> Desktop/information-security-principles-and-practices/chapter-1-why-study-information-security.pdf
> Error: Couldn't find the 'Adobe.APS' security handler
> XtUngrabButton(drawArea,3,0)
> Warning: Attempt to remove nonexistent passive grab
>
> And the response:
>
> Adobe.APS is a custom security handler (i.e., decryption plugin for
> Adobe Reader).  It's not openly documented, so there's no way for Xpdf
> to implement it.
>
> - Darek
>
> Now my question is if there really is some way around this problem or
> is the problem just to big to fix at the moment?  I have also made a
> couple of postings to Adobe's website.  I'm awaiting their response on
> the matter.  A bug report has been filed for Acrobat Reader 8.x for
> Window using WINE.  ~~ Justin Hale

Dear Justin

Thanks for using Evince. About Adobe.APS, it seems indeed it's quite
closed protocol and it will significant work to reverse engineer it and
add it's support to Evince/Poppler.

So I can only confirm the previous response.

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=