Inserve Search in pdf/dvi with synctex

Hi evince developer team,

I few days ago I read about synctex. Sncytex is a replacement for the inverse search in latex dvi/pdf files. Jerome (jerome laurens u-bourgogne fr) will present it and TUG 2008. See attached email:

synctex will be included in texlive2008
I do not know which dvi/pdf viewer will support synctex, except most certainly TeXShop, iTeXMac2, TeXWorks. Actually, there is a C library and a shell command tool to help developers support synctex.
I will build a web page for that purpose, to be presented at TUG 08, Cork.
you still have to be patient.

Perhaps you are interested in including support for it in evince.

Thanks a lot,

Mario Cupelli