evince printing as a bitmap!?

Hi, I'm using Fedora 8 (x86_64).  I ran into a problem this morning that I've never seen before.  We have a postscript-capable HP 4200 series printer in the office, and I'm using the recommended postscript based driver with CUPS.  I think evince is printing PDF files by turning each page into a bitmap and sending that to the printer.  I tried to print an 80 page document and it turned into 90 MB of very low quality bitmaps.  I stopped it after one page took ten minutes to print and printed the file with acroread, which worked just fine and seems to have printed it as vector graphics in postscript.  Has there been some change in some recent version of evince that would cause this behavior?  Is there an option that I've (mis)set somewhere?  Is there a way to go back to vector-based printing?  The 80 page file I had trouble with was produced by TeX and had Cyrillic characters in it, which might have made a difference.< br>
Help!?

-gm