evince, djvu, icons

Hi all

Wanted to say thanks for all the great work with evince (and poppler and all the other bits). The latest version I'm using with Ubuntu 6.06 is a lot more stable than earlier versions, and I've appreciated the support for the .djvu document format.

I've got just a couple of short comments that I thought I'd send you.

First one is that the evince document icon is not quite 'obvious' enough. I'm not sure if this icon has been provided by you or by GNOME or by Ubuntu. But it's sort of grey and fiddly, and combined with the fact that often people's PDF titles are not very descriptive (eg they start with 'Microsoft Word' or some kind of serial number, or a long-lost source document's filename, etc), so it would be helpful if the icon were a little more colorful and recognisable.

Second is that the find function can be rather slow in bigger documents. If there were some way that evince could build up indexes for commonly-used PDFs (etc) then that would help with usability when reading software manuals and the like. Perhaps it could interoperate with beagle, or something else, alternatively.

Thanks again for all the great work,

Cheers
JP

--
John Pye
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering