possibly slightly off topic: use web page as root window in gnome?

Hey, all:
I was wondering- is there any good way to use a web page as my root
window in GNOME, replacing nautilus? I spend a lot of time these days
in my Tracks installation[1], and it seems to make more sense to me to
have a task-oriented primary desktop view than a file-oriented
desktop. But I realize I have no idea how to do that :) Is this
something I could do through epiphany, or alternatively with gtkwebkit
+ some sort of wrapper? If the latter, pointers (either to resources,
or to the best place to continue this discussion) would be
appreciated.

Thanks-
Luis (realizing this sounds like Active Desktop and win98 all over
again, but really, it makes sense this time, maybe ;)

[1] http://tieguy.org/blog/2008/03/30/tracks-15-released/