eog bug for panoramas > ~16000 pixels wide

I have filed a bug for this, for my debian testing LXQt install
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=927727)
but there has been no response at all, so I really have no idea
whether or not it has been even read, let alone investigated.
Since 'Buster' is soon to be released, and Gnome is (I believe)
the most-used DE that debian users select, I would have thought
that they would want to have this fixed before 'Buster' is released...

I would file this with 'Bugzilla' (now GitLab), but the debian bug-
reporting rules/guidelines state that only the debian maintainer
should file upstream bugs.

Since I would like SOMEONE to at least know that this bug exists,
I report it here, in the hopes that it will get some notice...

A similar (very old - 8 years! - and presumably fixed already) bug
(https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gdk-pixbuf/issues/5)
seems to point to gdk_pixbuf, but the right-most garbage area begins
after ~32000 pixels (not ~16000), and the garbage area is not uniformly
medium gray (as mine is), and thus the similarity may be superficial...