Re: OCR plugin for eog

Am Donnerstag, den 25.11.2010, 08:45 -0200 schrieb Paulo de Souza Lima:
> Hello,

Hi!

> I have searched in http://live.gnome.org/EyeOfGnome/Plugins for a
> plugin which could make an OCR scan into images, and I can't find any.
> Do you know any kind of such plugin? Could you possibly include such
> feature to eog?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Yes, we don't have such a plugin yet. But as it could be done as simple
as adding a menu entry that pushes the selected images over to OCRFeeder
I'd it shouldn't be that hard to make. However, we're currently planning
to change our plugin API for GNOME 3.0  which is why we are currently
not doing new plugins. Feel free to open an enhancement request in our
Bugzilla anyway, so we can keep track of it.

Regards,

Felix