Re: Request to join EOG

Am Samstag, den 20.02.2010, 11:52 +0530 schrieb Mayank Bhagya:
> Hello,

Hi,

sorry for not responding sooner, but I'm currently busy with university.
> We are two computer engineering undergraduate students from India.
> We are new to open source development but are enthusiastic about the
> same.
>
> We were wondering if we could do the crop image transformation for
> EOG?
> Or, if you think, it'll be complicated for us, can you suggest how to
> start..?
> It'd be a good experience for us.
>
> Please help.

Well, of course you can give the crop transformation a go. But I think
it will be a pretty big project as it's going to require changes all
over eog since eog's not prepared for transformations like this yet.
So, I'm not sure if it is necessarily a good starting project, but it
may as just be a breeze for you. :)

Alternatively you can also browse through eog's bugzilla reports. There
are several things that are smaller than clipping hidden there:
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=eog&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Additionally if you are new to GNOME development you might want to take
a look at http://live.gnome.org/JoinGnome or
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove

Regards

Felix