Better panning

Hello list. I have not found any feature request place for eog, so I
have post something here. I'm sorry that I'm not able to code this
myself.

I often zoom to 1:1 when I look at images. With files from today's
high resolution cameras I would really like to see a better way to pan
around in the image. I think for instance gimp have a very nice
feature with the little panning tool located down right (the little
cross) at the image window. Could it be possible to include something
like this also in eog?  And yes I know it possible currently to click
and drag in the image to pan the image. The "shift or ctrl" and the
mouse wheel to pan it's also very nice, but I really like to better
know where I'm located in the image at the same time.

Take a look at http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image-window.html and item
11 if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Thanks
Lars Tore